Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Centaur - WIP

I've wanted to sculpt a centaur for some time now but have never scheduled my time to work on it. I have quite a few sculptures on my bench right now that I need to complete but I've just reached a point where I have to sculpt my centaur. This sculpture has probably been on my mind for about 7 to 8 months so that is why I really think it is time to exclusively work on it for the time being.
My approach for this piece is to complete the easiest areas first (human anatomy in my case) and then spend the rest of the time focusing on sculpting the harder parts of this particular piece (the horse anatomy). I've only sculpting one complete horse so I'm not as familiar with it as I am with sculpting people. This piece will be a good challenge for me and I expect to learn a lot in the process.

So to cut to the chase, here is a sneak peak of my centaur....


For those that are interested I usually post sneak peaks for my work-in-progress sculptures in my sculpting tutorial newsletter located at www.polymerclayfan.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home